This article applies to RSD0614 (AC2100 Smart Wi-Fi Router).
You can set up your rockspace AC2100 Router with the RS WiFi app or with a web browser.
I. Connect the Hardware
1. Power on the new router.
2. Connect the modem or your main Ethernet cable (if your Internet connection does not require a modem) to the WAN port on the router. The WAN LED indicator turns on.
II. Configure the Router
Method 1: Via the RS WiFi App
1. Download the RS WiFi App.
2. Connect your smartphone to the rockspace router. The default network name (SSID) is printed on the label at the bottom of the router.
3. Launch the RS WiFi App.
4. The App detects your connection type automatically. If detection fails, choose your connection type manually.
5. Set your Wi-Fi Name and Wi-Fi Password. Click OK.
Method 2: Via a Web Browser
1. Connect to your router (wireless or wired).
Find the SSID (network name) printed on the bottom label of the router and select the SSID from your network list to connect your device to the network.
Turn off the Wi-Fi on your computer and connect to the router via an Ethernet cable.
2. Connect the router to the Internet.
A. Launch a web browser and enter http://re.rockspace.local or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar to log into the router’s web interface. Click Start.
B. The webpage detects your connection type automatically. If detection fails, choose your connection type from the drop-down list manually.
C. Set your Wi-Fi Name, Wi-Fi Password, and Login Password.
Now you've set up your router successfully. Connect to the router’s network and enjoy the Internet!