This article applies to RSD0610 (AC1200 Dual-band Mesh Wi-Fi System) and RSD0613 (AC2100 Tri-band Mesh Wi-Fi System).
rockspace Mesh Wi-Fi System setup
1. Download the RS WiFi app from App Store / Google Play.
2. Plug one of the nodes (note: this is your primary node) into an outlet using the included power adapter. The LED indicator turns solid green.
3. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN port of your modem and the other end to the WAN/LAN port of the primary node. The indicator light will be solid green, indicating the system is ready for setup.
4. Open the Wi-Fi menu on your smart device. Select the primary node's SSID (network name) to connect.
Note: The default SSID and password are labeled at the bottom of the node.
5. Go to your mobile and open the RS WiFi app. The setup wizard appears. Tap Setup.
6. Create your Wi-Fi Name and Password. Tap OK.
7. Choose a proper place for the other two nodes. Place it out in the open and don’t put it on the floor. Keep your nodes away from electronic interference, such as microwaves, TVs, refrigerators, etc.
8. Power on the two nodes, and they will automatically be added to the mesh network.
9. If the other two nodes can’t be added to the network, on the RS WiFi app, tap Settings > Add rock space mesh, scan the QR code on the back of the node to add.
After setup, you can use the LED indicator to determine an ideal location to place your nodes. If the LED Indicator of a node is yellow or red, relocate it to get a better connection.
rockspace AC1200 & AC2100 Mesh Wi-Fi System Setup Video: