A static IP address, as the name suggests, is an IP address that doesn't change. Once you assign a Static IP address to your router, it will stay the same until further changes were made.
You might need to assign a Static IP address in the following situations:
- Access your computer when faw away from home
- Set up a file server
- Share a printer over the network
- Perform other advanced networking tasks
Assign a Static IP address to your rockspace router
Note: AC2100 Router is used as an example here.
1. Connect your computer/phone to the router's network.
2. Launch a web brower and enter http://re.rockspace.local or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar. The login window displays.
3. Enter your login password.
4. Click Internet Settings.
5. In the Connection Type secion, select Static IP Adress.
6. Enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and Primary DNS Server.
7. Click Connect to save your settings.