This article applies to RSD0619 (AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router).
You can choose either of the following two methods to update the firmware of rockspace AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router.
Method 1: Via the ROCK WIFI app
1. Connect your mobile device to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the ROCK WIFI app and log in.
3. Tap the image of your router.
4. On the More Settings page, scroll down and tap Firmware Update.
5. Update to the latest firmware if new firmware is available.
Method 2: Via a web browser
1. Back up your router configuration before the firmware update. If anything goes wrong, restore the configuration with the file you saved.
2. Do NOT power off the router during firmware update.
Before you start:
Connect your device (smartphone or computer) to the router’s Wi-Fi network and log in to the router's web management page.
To back up configuration:
1. Go to Advanced > Tools > System, tap Save.
2. Save a copy of the current settings to your local computer.
To update your router's firmware:
1. Download the latest firmware file from the Support > Download first. (Make sure you choose the right file for your model.)
2. Go to Advanced > Tools > System, tap Update.
3. Select the firmware file downloaded to start.
4. Wait a few minutes for the update and reboot.
To restore configuration settings:
1. Go to Advanced > Tools > System, tap Restore.
2. Locate the backup configuration file stored on your computer to start.
3. Wait a few minutes for the restore and reboot.