ROCK PE1 is a 2-in-1 outdoor smart plug and Wi-Fi range extender. It can provide you with power and internet where you want.
Set up ROCK PE1
Select a proper place
Choose a proper location near an AC outlet for your new outdoor plug. The location you choose should be roughly halfway between your router and the Wi-Fi dead zone and be within the range of your router.
Fasten the plug, if necessary, according to the cable length to prevent it from swaying while in use.
Plug the device into the power outlet. The LED indicator turns green.
Method 1: Via the WPS Button
1. Press the WPS button on your router.
2. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS/RST button on the plug for 2 seconds.
3. Wait until the LED on the device blinks green and turns solid, indicating a successful connection. If method 1 doesn't work, try again or use Method 2.
Method 2: Via a Web Browser
1. Connect your computer/smartphone to the device’s network “rockspace_EXT”.
2. The login window pops up automatically. If it doesn't, launch a web browser and enter http://wifi.rockspacewifi.com or the default address 192.168.0.254 manually to get started. Create a login password and record it for later use.
3. Select the Wi-Fi network (SSID) you want to extend.
4. Enter the password of the Wi-Fi network you want to extend. Wait until the page shows you a successful connection.
Manage the device
Access extender settings via a web browser
1. Connect your smartphone/computer to the device’s network. If you are using a computer, unplug the Ethernet cable if any.
2. Launch a web browser and enter http://wifi.rockspacewifi.com in the address bar to log in.
3. Manage the device as needed.
Access smart plug via the ROCK WIFI app
1. Connect your smartphone to the device’s network.
2. Download the ROCK WIFI App.
3. Launch the ROCK WIFI App and log in.
Note: If you are a new user, follow the onscreen instructions to register.
4. On the homepage, click +.
5. Select the model PE1. Click Next Step.
6. Enter the admin password you set through the web browser.
7. Manage the device as needed.