Wi-Fi routers broadcast signals in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. Each of these two frequencies has numerically labeld channels to send and receive data.
If you're struggling with network drops or slow network, you may change to a less crowded channel to increase your Wi-Fi speed.
Change Wi-Fi Channel on a rockspace Router
1. Launch a web page and type http://re.rockspace.local in the address field.
2. Enter the admin password and log in.
AX1800 Router (RSD0619)
3. Click Wireless > Basic.
4. Find Channel, click the drop-down menu and change the Wi-Fi channel.
Tip: You can also use a tool to find the best Wi-Fi channel.
5. Click Apply to save your change.
AC2100 Router (RSD0614)
3. Click WiFi Settings > Channel & Bandwidth.
4. Find WiFi Channel, click the drop-down menu and change the Wi-Fi channel.
5. Click Save to save your change.
Important: Once you changed the channel, your router may reboot. Wait a few minutes for your wireless device to reconnect to the network.