There are different causes for network disconnection. If your rockspace Wi-Fi router keeps dropping and you are having a bad Wi-Fi experience, you can try the following methods to fix the issue.
Troubleshoot rockspace router keep disconnecting
Step 1. Check cables and connections
Loose, damaged and poorly configured cables can cause network disconnection.
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Make sure you have plugged one end of the provided Ethernet cable into your modem's LAN port and the other end into your router’s WAN port.
- Check the Internet connection of your modem.
Step 2. Reboot your modem and router
Modem and router restart is easy and can solve your problem in most cases. To reboot your modem and router:
- Turn off the router and modem. Wait until the LED lights on the devices are off.
- Turn on the modem first and wait about 5 minutes to let it establish a connection.
- Turn on the router and wait until its lights are on.
- Check your Internet connection.
Step 3. See if your network is overloaded
If there are many devices using your network, your wireless device might disconnect and reconnect from the Internet over and over.
Disconnect some devices from the network and check signal strength again.
Step 4. Check for obstructions and signal interference
Objects (like doors and walls) and electronic devices (like baby monitors and microwaves) will affect Wi-Fi quality and lead to unstable connections. To fix that:
- Move closer to your router and check the signal strength.
- Relocate your router, and keep it away from obstructions.
- Change the router's Wi-Fi channel.
Tip: You can visit where to place my Wi-Fi router to find the ideal location for your router.
Step 5. Update router firmware
Outdated firmware may cause your network to disconnect. To update your rockspace router's firmware, refer to the articles below based on your router model.
- Update the firmware of AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 Roter (RSD0619)
- Update the firmware of AX1800 Smart Wi-Fi 6 Roter (RSD0616)
- Update the firmware of AC2100 Smart Wi-Fi Roter (RSD0614)
Step 6. Reset to factory default settings
Reset the router and reconfigure it after a factory reset.
Step 7. Technical support
If none of the above steps help, contact rockspace Support Team.