This article applies to RSD0607 (AC750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0608 (AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0617 (AC2100 Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0618 (AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), and RSD0623 (AC2100 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender New).
If your rockspace extender isn’t working right, and you have tried to reboot it or other troubleshooting methods, you may decide to restore the extender to its factory settings.
Important: A factory reset will remove all your extender's wireless settings and other configurations. After you've performed a reset, you'll have to reconfigure the extender from scratch.
Factory reset your rockspace Wi-Fi range extender
rockspace Extender reset can be easy. You can choose to reset it via the Reset Button or via a web page.
Method 1: Via the Reset Button (Recommended)
Locate the Reset Button* of your range extender. With the range extender powered on, use a pin to press the Reset Button for 8 seconds. Then release the button and the range extender will reset automatically.
*Tip: For rockspace AX1800 Range Extender, the Reset Button is on the left side of the device. For rockspace AC750/AC1200/AC2100 Range Extender, the Reset Button is on the bottom of the device.
Examples of Reset Holes:
|AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender||AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender|
Method 2: Via a Web Browser
1. Connect to the range extender’s network. By default, the extender's network end with _EXT or _5G EXT.
2. Log in to the range extender’s web management page, go to Administration (this is varied by model), and click Reset. The range extender will reset automatically.
If you need to set up the range extender again, visit how to set up my rockspace Wi-Fi range extender for more information.
How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully reset?
After you've performed a factory reset on your range extender,
- The Signal LED should be off and only the Power LED is on.
- The range extender's network will be no longer on your network list.
- The network rockspace_EXT will show up after a few minutes.
You can also run an Ethernet cable from the range extender to your computer. Open a web page and type http://re.rockspace.local (RSD0607, RSD0608, RSD0617, and RSD0618) or http://rockspacewifi.com (RSD0623) in the address field.
- If you have reset your range extender successfully, you should see the setup page like this:
- If your range extender is NOT reset successfully, you should see a login page like this:
Note: The setup and login page is varied by model.