This article applies to RSD0607 (AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0608 (AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0617 (AC2100 Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0618 (AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), and RSD0623 (AC2100 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender).
There are two methods to set up your rockspace Extender, follow the steps below to extend your Wi-Fi.
Before you start
Plug the extender into a power outlet next to your router. Wait until its Power LED turns blue.
rockspace Extender setup
Method 1: Via the WPS Button
(1) Press the WPS button on the router.
(2) Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the extender.
(3) Wait until the Signal LED on the extender turns blue, which indicates a successful connection. If the Signal LED does not turn blue, try again or use method 2.
Method 2: Via a Web Browser (AX1800 Range Extender is used as an example)
(1) Connect your computer or smartphone to the extender’s network “rockspace_EXT”.
Note: When you are using a computer, unplug the Ethernet cable if any. When you are using a smartphone, ensure the mobile data is disabled.
(2) The login window pops up automatically. If it doesn’t, launch a web browser and enter http://re.rockspace.local or http://192.168.0.254 manually to get started. Create your admin password and record it down for later use. Click Next.
(3) From the list of available wireless networks, select the Wi-Fi network (SSID) you want to extend.
(4) Enter the password of the Wi-Fi network you want to extend.
(5) Wait until the page shows you “Extended successfully”!
Relocate your extender
After extender setup, find an ideal location for your range extender.
1. Plug in the extender about halfway between your router and the Wi-Fi dead zone. The location you choose must be within the range of your router.
2. Wait for about 2 minutes until the Signal LED turns blue. If it doesn't, relocate the extender closer to the router to achieve better signal quality.
Connect to network
Find the network names with _EXT or _5GEXT added to the end of your existing network in your Wi-Fi network list and connect to it. If you have changed the network name, find the network you set. And by default, the password of the extended network is the same as your existing Wi-Fi network.
For tutorial videos of rockspace range extender setup, visit: