This article applies to RSD0607 (AC750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0608 (AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0617 (AC2100 Wi-Fi Range Extender), RSD0618 (AX1800 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender), and RSD0623 (AC2100 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender).
This article is to fix not being able to access rockspace range extender issue, visit why can't I access my rockspace router if you're having problems with your router.
If http://re.rockspace.local login failed when you're trying to access your rockspace range extender, the possible causes are network connection and URL. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Warning: Please make sure you enter the correct URL in the address bar and type http:// before re.rockspace.local, as a mistyped domain address may take you to fraudulent sites that may install malware, and steal sensitive personal and information or even lock up your computer. rockspace will NEVER ask you to send money for using a product. Unsure whether you entered the correct address? Click http://re.rockspace.local to go to the right website.
Troubleshoot extender / re.rockspace.local login
1. Make sure your computer or smartphone has been connected to the extender’s network and not that of your router.
Note: When you're setting up a rockspace extender for the first time, connect to rockspace_EXT from the list of available wireless networks. If you're trying to change network settings, connect to the network you have set during configuration. By default, your extender's network ends with _EXT or _5G EXT.
2. Verify that http://re.rockspace.local or http://www.rockspacewifi.com is correctly entered in the web browser and press Enter. Don't forget to type http:// before re.rockspace.local.
3. If you are using a computer, make sure it is set to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically.
4. If you are trying to set up the extender for the first time, enter the extender’s default IP address 192.168.0.254 in the address bar of a web browser. If you are trying to manage the extender, you can log into your router’s web management page, go to Device Management, check the extender’s IP address and enter it in the address bar to log in.
5. Clear the cache of the web browser or use another web browser and try again.
6. Connect your wireless device to the extender via an Ethernet cable and log in.
7. If none of the above methods work, reset the extender to its factory settings.
If you are still having problems, contact us for FREE 24/7 technical support.