If rockspace router stopped working or its network isn't showing up in network list after setup, try the solutions below. After each step, check if the issue is fixed with your phone or computer.
Troubleshoot no Internet connection from rockspace router
Step 1: Make sure the cable between your router and the modem is properly connected.
Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into your modem's LAN port and the other end into your router’s WAN port.
Step 2: Reboot your modem and router.
- Turn off the router and modem. Wait until the LED lights on the devices are off.
- Turn on the modem first and wait about 5 minutes to let it establish a connection.
- Turn on the router and wait until its lights are on.
- Check your Internet connection.
Step 3: Check the Internet connectivity.
Disconnect the router and connect your computer directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable.
- If you cannot access the Internet, reboot the modem. If that doesn't work, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- If you can access the Internet, go to Step 4.
Step 4: Check the Internet connection type.
In most cases, you won’t need to change your network configurations because rockspace routers use Dynamic IP, by default. If your ISP requires a different protocol than DHCP like PPPoE or Static IP, log in to your router wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable to change the WAN settings.
- If PPPoE is required, enter the username and password provided by your ISP.
- If a static IP address is required, enter the IP address, subnet mask, and internet gateway. Your ISP should provide you with this information.
Step 5: Perform a factory reset.
Reset the router to factory settings and set it up again.
Please contact rockspace technical support if you still get no Internet connection after performing the above steps.