This article applies to RSD0607 (AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender) and RSD0608 (AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender).
This article provides you with setup instructions of AC750 & AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender.
Plug the extender into a power outlet next to your router. Wait until its Power LED turns blue.
Method 1: Via the WPS Button
1. Press the WPS button on the router.
2. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the extender.
3. Wait until the Signal LED on the extender turns blue, which indicates a successful connection. If the Signal LED does not turn blue, try again or use method 2.
Method 2: Via a Web Browser
1. Connect your computer or smartphone to the extender’s network “rockspace_EXT”. When you are using a computer, unplug the Ethernet cable if any. When you are using a smartphone, ensure the mobile data is disabled.
2. Launch a web browser and enter http://re.rockspace.local or http://192.168.0.254 in the address bar. Create your admin password, then click Next.
3. In the list of networks that appears, select the Wi-Fi network (SSID) you want to extend.
4. Enter the password of the Wi-Fi network you select.
5. Wait until the page shows you “Extended successfully”!
Relocate Your Extender
1. Plug in the extender about halfway between your router and the Wi-Fi dead zone. The location you choose must be within the range of your router.
2. Wait for about 2 minutes until the Signal LED turns blue. If it doesn't, relocate the extender closer to the router to achieve better signal quality.
Find the network names with _EXT or _5GEXT added to the end of your existing network in your Wi-Fi network list. By default, the password of the extended network is the same as your existing Wi-Fi network.
Enjoy the internet!